Baseball for Youth/Adults with Special Needs
Registration Dates: February 6, 2022 - March 1, 2022
(Registration closes at midnight on March 1)
Register Here (Youth/Adult Athletes & Buddy Volunteers)
*Athletes and Buddy Volunteers must register
2022 Take On Sports Baseball Season Details:
Dates/Times: April 3, 2022 - May 22, 2022 (Sundays, between 1:30 p.m.-4:00 p.m.)
- There is no baseball on Easter, Sunday, April 17,and Mother's Day, Sunday, May 8.
- Take On Sports Baseball is a sanctioned Little League Challenger Division league.
- There are three skill levels, Tee-Ball, Minors (Modified Coach-pitch), and Majors (Coach-pitch)
- This league runs six weeks.
- A parent, legal guardian, or authorized caregiver is required to remain on-site during any Take On Sports activity.
- To view the Team Schedule and additional information, on wcwaa.org, click-on: Teams, Choose a Team, Take On Sports, Select the League, and the Team Name.
Registration Fee: $55 includes T-shirt, baseball cap, and trophy
Athletes age 23 and up.
Athletes are paired with Buddy Volunteers.
- No registration fee (will receive free Buddy Volunteer T-shirt)
- Must be 18 years of age or older by February 6, 2022. (Background Check required)
Weddington Optimist Park Baseball Fields
Address: 5211 Weddington Road, Weddington, NC 28104
Assist athletes on the field providing instruction and encouragement.
Buddy Volunteers 18 years of age or older are required to have a Volunteer Background Check. Information on this process will be provided by the Sports Commissioner.
For more information, please contact:
Take On Sports Baseball Commissioner: